Are you a highly motivated candidate with prior combined experience in the production, project management and event planning space?
An Expatriate Director is searching for a talented Education Program Assistant & PA for a brand new industrial arts education facility in Bali to serve as the educational program’s main support as well as effectively managing the Director’s calendar and meetings.
You will receive ongoing training and professional development opportunities as well as the opportunity to gain cutting-edge experience in program management, networking and relationship cultivation, advocacy, outreach and creative educational environments.
- Local candidate only
- Minimum three years of office or assistant experience, and / or a combined experience across production, project management or event planning style environments.
- Proficiency in English and Indonesian language.
- Excellent spoken and strong written communication skills, ability to communicate in person, online, and in writing to the Education team and more broadly with the staff, local and international partners, volunteers, internal and external stakeholders, community members, and the general public.
- Proven ability to anticipate needs and take initiative. This position requires an individual who speaks up, takes charge and is an effective taskmaster for the team, effectively helps run meetings, demonstrates excellent judgment in seeing the big picture and setting priorities, and is able to work independently and effectively while handling multiple tasks.
- Experience with collaborative work with full or part-time staff and volunteers from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and expertise.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to manage schedules with keen attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills and comfort with giving difficult feedback when necessary to colleagues as well as external stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Telegram, Notion, Miro, Google Docs & scheduling, and project management software. Ability to effectively schedule meetings across international time zones, format spreadsheets, and stay digitally organized. Experience with or ability to learn new technology and platforms is a plus.
- A high level of adaptability, flexibility, and ability to learn new skills is imperative.
- Availability to work flexible hours to accommodate program and partner schedules including mornings, evenings, and weekends to accommodate international team member schedules.
- Effectively manages the Director’s and the program calendar, correspondence, program meetings, personal meetings, conferences, and teleconferences.
- Accurately coordinates schedules and meetings across multiple international time zones to organize and schedule meetings, send calendar reminders and updates, and facilitates and provides any technological needs for meetings. Creates meeting materials and follow-up materials.
- Demonstrates proactiveness in handling all matters and requests. Proven ability to identify, appropriately cultivate, and prioritize relationships internally and externally. Understands the strategic elements of the program and cultivates positive and productive relationships to make things happen for the department. Serves as the point-person for the program and keeps it organized and on track.
- Quickly and comprehensively learns and knows the internal organizational structure, with an understanding of who to contact and cultivate across all constituencies–partners, staff, vendors, etc.
- Provides overarching administrative assistance, such as facilitating communications and/or meetings with the Director with appropriate internal and external partners, answering and directing phone calls appropriately and promptly, drafting and editing e-mails and memos, and writing and preparing communications on the Director’s and program’s behalf. Strong writing and editing skills are a must. Thoroughly monitors, opens, distributes, reads/handles mail and emails as requested or required.
- Performs minor accounting and billing duties, communicates with vendors and other support staff such as accountants, etc, and relays invoicing to appropriate parties and internal partners such as HR.
- Serves as the program’s main support as an effective and efficient point of contact for correspondence and materials, inclusive of monitoring program parameters and goals and supporting the Director with reminders about assignments and deadlines.
- Manages the travel budget and books the Director’s travel and accommodations with a high level of detail and follow through.
- Creates memos and communications, and takes, organizes, and types-up clear and effective meeting notes and minutes in Notion.
- Provides general team and office support, and performs additional assignments and duties as needed and assigned by the Director. Some personal errands on behalf of the Director may be needed occasionally.
- Salary according to experience + BPJS